Hartford Area Child Care Collaborative is a network of more than 300 organizations and individuals, mobilizing expertise and support for programs that assist the regionís children and families. The Collaborative influences overall community understanding and support of quality child care through:
- focused and timely information;
- technical assistance for program enhancement;
- training and skills development individuals;
- forums for building leaders and leadership in child care;
- cooperative planning;
- advocacy for quality child care on local, regional, state, and national levels; and
- an up-do-date early childhood resource library.
The Collaborative values the contributions of every member while maintaining the responsibility to uphold the mission of quality and adhering to the code of ethics of the field. Our members include caregivers, parents, employers, community-based organizations, policy makers, advocates, researchers, academics, and funders.
The Collaborative is a project of the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving and a United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut partner agency, and is committed to promoting and sustaining high quality child care.